Tuesday, July 31, 2007

INTERVIEW by Suzanne Salvo

Interview by Suzanne Salvo. Check her blog out. She lives such an amazing life.


IMAGE07 – INTERVIEW
ASMP

How old are you?
28 Years Old.

Where and when did you go to school?
Art Center College of Design in Pasadena, California.

How long have you been an ASMP member?
2 years.

Why did you join?
The photography imaging community is a rather small one. The knowledge that is held by the more seasoned professionals is not readily available through any other mainstream source. I feel that ASMP helps like-minded professionals work together. To me photography isn't just a job, it is a lifestyle.

How long have you been a working photographer?
I was shooting even while I was finishing school so that after graduation the transition was seamless. All in all, I would say I've been working professionally for 2 years. I was very fortunate to have gained representation by the agency Four9Seven Creatives.

What prompted you to enter the Image07 competition?
I've always had respect for the caliber of ASMP events. Being a community, I knew this competition would be a great place to showcase my work and to see where I stand in the industry.

Did you receive any feedback from the judges on your entry either in writing or verbally? What?
Unfortunately, there wasn't a channel for feedback to be given. I haven't heard anything from the judges. This definitely is an area that could be improved. The feedback from established judges would certainly be a good guide to approaching my future work.

Was this your first public showing of your work or first NYC show? What was that like for you?
I've had a previous gallery showing of my work through APA in Los Angeles. The Image07 show being held in New York was definitely a big deal. New York is a huge concentration of some of the world's best creative work, so to have a show in New York made me very proud and also settled many fears wondering if I'm on the right path in my career. It is pleasing to feel a part of a bigger photographic/creative industry.

Now that you have graduated, what’s next for you? Did the Image07 show success have any impact on your decision?
I've always had my sights set on celebrity/entertainment and commercial assignments, and somehow this has been a really great year for me. I'm doing what I've always dreamed of doing. The Image07 show success further emphasized that I can be successful in doing what I love. I can create the type of work that I choose and still have it be accepted into mass marketability. I feel that I've been very fortunate in my somewhat young and rising career. Image07 has certainly provided a good vehicle to showcase my work to an even greater audience, for this I am very grateful. Following the success of the Image07 show I have been working closely with my rep agency, Four9Seven Creatives, to use the momentum of the show to springboard our marketing efforts to greater heights.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well your article helped me very much in my college assignment. Hats high to you post, will look audacious for more interdependent articles without delay as its one of my choice topic to read.